From: Terry Reilly
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 11:31:19 AM (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Subject: FI US Ethanol Snapshot 06/27/18
US weekly ethanol update
- US weekly ethanol production increased 8,000 barrels per day to 1.072 million. A Bloomberg survey was looking for a decline to 1.059 million.
- US ethanol stocks increased 27,000 barrels to 21.674 million, near the Bloomberg trade average.
- Note the record weekly ethanol production was 1.108 million barrels as of December 1, 2017.
- US ethanol production of 1.072 million barrels per day was highest since 12/22/17 and up 5.6% from about the same time a year ago.
- September 2017 to date US ethanol production is running 2.6% above the same period a year ago.
- There were no imports reported this week. Last weekly imports recorded back in December.
- Ethanol stocks of 21.674 million barrels are up 1.9% from last month and down 0.8% from a year ago.
- Days of inventory of 20.2 compares to 21.3 a month ago and 22.0 during comparable period a year ago.
- Weekly ending stocks of total gasoline were up 1.156 million barrels to 241.2 million barrels.
- The net blender input of fuel ethanol was up 12,000 from the previous week at 947,000 bpd, above its 4-week average of 931,000 bpd.
- Net production of finished reformulated and conventional motor gasoline with ethanol, increased 132,000 to 9.377 million barrels, or 91.4 percent of the net production of all finished motor gasoline, down from up from 92.8 percent for the previous week.
- Our 2017-18 crop-year corn for ethanol usage is 5.625 billion bushels, above USDA’s current estimate of 5.575 and compares to 5.432 billion for 2016-17.
Senior Commodity Analyst – Grain and Oilseeds
Futures International │190 S LaSalle St., Suite 410│Chicago, IL 60603
ICE IM: treilly1
Trading of futures, options, swaps and other derivatives is risky and is not suitable for all persons. All of these investment products are leveraged, and you can lose more than your initial deposit. Each investment product is offered only to and from jurisdictions where solicitation and sale are lawful, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations in such jurisdiction. The information provided here should not be relied upon as a substitute for independent research before making your investment decisions. Futures International, LLC is merely providing this information for your general information and the information does not take into account any particular individual’s investment objectives, financial situation, or needs. All investors should obtain advice based on their unique situation before making any investment decision. The contents of this communication and any attachments are for informational purposes only and under no circumstances should they be construed as an offer to buy or sell, or a solicitation to buy or sell any future, option, swap or other derivative. The sources for the information and any opinions in this communication are believed to be reliable, but Futures International, LLC does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of such information or opinions. Futures International, LLC and its principals and employees may take positions different from any positions described in this communication. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future results.